Sunday, May 4, 2014

(Review) Easy by Tammara Webber

 
 
Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Pages: 336
Published: November 6, 2012
PublisherBerkley Trade
Review Copy: No

Why did I want this book?
A friend of mine recommended me this book.
Synopsis:
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret.
Sometimes, love isn't easy…
He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…
The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he'd worked so hard to overcome, and the future she'd put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.
Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth - and find the unexpected power of  love.
A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

Cover:
The cover image looks great but I have the feeling, that it got used way too often. I know at least one or two books with the same picture.

Title:
Usually I don't read love stories but the title made me curious, so I gave it a try.

Writing style:
The writing style matches the title. It is as easy to read as to fall in love with it. I usually avoid love stories but this one was just great! It is sensitive and captivating. I am still not sure what hooked me on at the end. Maybe it was Tammara Webbers way to create her characters. They felt so real. It was almost as seeing with Jacqueline's eyes.

Characters:
When we first meet Jacqueline in this story, she just broke up with her boyfriend after three years. She doesn't want to hang out with her friends or party anymore. When she leaves early from a friends party, she almost gets raped by her ex-boyfriends best friend. But she gets saved by a boy named Lucas. He is at the same college, but they never talked to each other until that day. Actually, Lucas is the opposite of Jacqueline. While she is quiet and insecure, he is a tattooed troublemaker. I was surprised how well they worked out. It was hard to learn about Lucas' past that made him the way he is. But as soon as we get to know him, it is easy to like him. He really is a decent guy.

Noteworthy:
This book is contemporary ya, but Lucas wasn't a typically bad-boy. He just looked like one because of his tattoos.

Stuck in my Head:
“I'm trying to protect you. From myself. I don't do..." he swung a finger back and forth between us"...this.”
What I didn't like:
No complains this time!

Quick and dirty:
I was concerned, that I wouldn't like this book, because usually, when someone asks me to read a love story, you see me running! But not this time, I loved Jacqueline's way to handle things - and Lucas. They are a sweet couple and it is not cheesy at all. There wasn't much humor in it, but it didn't matter. The book really touched me and it felt realistic. So, I can recommend "Easy" to everybody. It's a book, you shouldn't miss! It's easy to love!


No comments :

Post a Comment