Sunday, April 27, 2014

(Review) Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

 
Title: Hush Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 391
Published: May 27th 2010
PublisherSimon & Schuster UK
Review Copy: No

Why did I want this book?
I honestly have no Idea, why I bought this book. It was kind of like a grab and go on my way home.
Synopsis:
Nora's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, she is drawn to him against her better judgement. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and knows more about her than her closest friends.And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of a centuries-old battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and sooner or later, she's going to have to pick sides...

Cover:
I'm probably the only person in the world, who doesn't like the cover image.  It looks cheesy. If it would't have been on the bestseller-table, I wouldn't have bought it.

Title:
I think the title is pretty funny. I'm not sure, if it really fits the story even though Nora will definitely discover some secrets.

Writing style:
Despite the crappy cover image, the book itself is just great. I love Becca Fitzpatrick's humor and there is a lot of it in this book. It just took me a few pages to get into the story. It's a really fast read because you won't be able of putting it down!

Characters:
Nora is just a average high school girl. She isn't the most popular person, but she isn't an outsider either. She has a best friend and a social live, so I think a lot of readers can easily connect with her. When she first meets Patch, he makes her feel queasy and insecure. And Patch loves it. He takes every chance to make a fool out of her and gives the whole bad-boy-thing a new meaning. I think it was good that there relationship started slowly, because Nora is very shy. She is also afraid of Patch, which was kind of smart, because he might be more that just a rude high school kid. Okay, I confess: I am totally in love with him. Hot, hotter, Patch describes him pretty well.

Noteworthy:
This book has a lot of bad review on goodreads and I don't know why. This is just ridiculous. They are buying a book about fallen angels and then they complain, that there is a romance between an angel and a mortal girl in there. Seriously?! So don't get fooled by them. The book is great if you are into the content.

Stuck in my Head:
“Patch wasn't the kind of guy mothers smiled on. He was the kind of guy they changed the house locks for.“
What I didn't like:
It's a great book. I don't have anything to complain about, except the cover image. It looks like twilight reloaded …  urghhh….

Quick and dirty:
Maybe you're wondering why all the books I reviewed so far are rated five stars. This is because I started with my favorites and "Hush Hush" is definitely on top of that list! I adore Patchs boldness and the way he acts around Nora. It is one of the funniest books I own and I re-read it three times, so I guess this says it all!


No comments :

Post a Comment